Do you know the advantages of installing a built-up roofing system?
From TPO to Built Up Roofing...
Hi-Rise has the solution for your roofing needs!
HAVE YOU HAD YOUR YEARLY ROOF INSPECTION?
Hi-Rise can help!
From Commercial to Residential Roofing
Hi-Rise has you covered!
What is a Built-Up Roof?
A built-up roof (BUR) is composed of several layers of bitumen alternated with ply sheets. The plies of roofing felt are welded together with hot asphalt reinforcing the multiple-layered protection. Also known as “tar and gravel” roofs, BUR systems have been used for over 100 years and continue to prove their durability and performance in the roofing industry.
What are the Benefits of Built-Up Roofing?
- Economical: BUR is one of the best investments in the roofing industry due to its low maintenance and maximized life cycle.
- Multi-Layer Protection: The multi-ply feature creates added protection and serves as a water-resistant barrier.
- Energy Efficient: With multiple layers, heat conduction decreases and insulation increases, which in turn, reduces heating and cooling costs.
- Fire & Uplift Resistant: BUR systems meet some of the strictest fire resistant requirements in the industry. The monolithic layering decreases the risk of penetration points, which increases wind resistance.
- Adaptability: A BUR system can be made into a reflective “cool” roof by applying a UV white coating.
For your next commercial roofing project, discover the durability of a premium built-up roof. Hi-Rise can help you determine if it's the right solution for you.
Conventional Built Up
Given the research and development in roofing technologies, there have been significant advances in BUR application. Some of the major improvements include low fuming asphalt adhesives and the replacement of hot-mopped asphalt applications with cold adhesive applications and hot-air welding systems.
Owens Corning Trumbull Product Line
- TruLo Max: low-odor & low fuming asphalt; reduces up to 90% of fumes at the kettle
- TruLo Lo Odor: 45% more effective at decreasing odor-causing compounds
With over 25 years of experience serving the South Florida region, our team of professional roofing specialists can help you find the best solution that meets your roofing performance needs while keeping within your budget. Call us today to see how we can help you improve or replace your built-up roofing system!